Have you ever struggled to see the big picture of the Bible? How do the individual stories, songs, poems, prophecies, and more, fit together — and what are we to make of it? Rend Collective’s song, “Rescuer (Good News),” reminds me of God’s grand rescue plan.
Join me for a quick fly over that may help you make connections with God’s grand story in the future.
On this episode I discuss:
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture – this week’s Bible Interaction Tool Exercises include:
- Use outside resources (like the amazing Jesus Storybook Bible)
- Meta-narrative – the overarching story that gives context, meaning, and purpose to all of life
- “The Bible isn’t mainly about you and what you should be doing. It’s about God and what He has done.” – The Jesus Storybook Bible
- How Genesis 1-3 could be the beginning and the end, but God whispers a promise to rescue
- Genesis 6-9 and Noah’s experience with God placing his war bow in the sky pointing to heaven
- A reminder of how we try to reach up to heaven like in the story of the Tower of Babel in Genesis 11
- The tagline of The Jesus Storybook Bible – Every story whispers His name
- God’s creation of his own family through Abraham and Sarah (we get to join in later!)
- An example of trusting the Father in Genesis 22 with an eye on the Son who would climb a mountain like Isaac to be sacrificed
- Hopping and skipping through the rest of the Old Testament and New Testament revealing the grand story of God
- Ending with Revelation where it’s not the end…it’s the beginning of our forever life after being rescued
Subscribe/Follow More Than a Song and never miss an episode! Subscribe in iTunesSubscribe in Stitcher RadioFollow in Spotify
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch the official music video on YouTube below.