“Get dressed,” I tell my youngest. “Where are your shoes? Do you have your jacket?” And so the conversation goes. I have a feeling God is asking me, “Where are your shoes? I told you to put on the WHOLE armor! Your helmet! Don’t forget your helmet!” This week’s song “Warrior” by Hannah Kerr reminds us that we are in a battle and need to be dressed appropriately.
Let’s take a moment and review what God’s Word says about our battle gear.
On this episode I discuss:
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture – this week’s Bible Interaction Tool Exercises include:
- Read the envelope
- Use outside resources (like your study Bible)
- Read and keep on reading – this is a letter…read it all the way through
- Read in various translations
- Battles are raging around us and we need to stand up ready for war – Ephesians 6:13
- My new friend Colleen Searcy and her Bible teaching – check out her website and resources
- The repetition of heavenly places in the book of Ephesians – Got Questions Article
- The main text that discusses the armor of God – Ephesians 6:10-20
- Taking each part of the armor and discussing it piece by piece
Subscribe/Follow More Than a Song and never miss an episode! Subscribe in iTunesSubscribe in Stitcher RadioFollow in Spotify
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch the official lyric video on YouTube below.