Happy New Year! Each new year brings with it an opportunity to set new goals and consider what your focus will be before life gets in the way. Kings Kaleidoscope has a song set to the tune of the traditional new year’s song “Auld Lang Syne.” Their song “All Glory Be To Christ” reminds us ultimately what each new year is about…Jesus.
Photo credit: Christian Kaindl
The song leads us to Psalm 127 where we are reminded that we are nothing without the Lord.
On this episode I discuss:
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture – this week’s Bible Interaction Tool Exercises include:
- Ask questions
- Make observations
- The Rapid Bible Read Through that I do every year with my friend, Keith Ferrin – RBRT2018
- The Psalms of Ascent – Got Questions Article
- Focusing more on the Architect than the house plans – Psalm 127:1
- The role of a watchman – Psalm 127:1
- Keeping in context the warning in verse 2 – Psalms 127:2
- Not separating the “in vain” section from the “family” section of Psalm 127
- Our duty to smooth and prepare our arrows (children) to be shot into the battle – Psalm 127:4
- How I don’t want to do anything this year in vain…with my family, ministry, or career
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! Subscribe in iTunesSubscribe in Stitcher Radio
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch the official lyric video on YouTube below.