I have been keeping Jesus small. I have found myself saying things like, “He started as a baby.” Fortunately for me, I allowed Scripture to reshape my thinking this week. Inspired by downhere’s song, “How Many Kings,” I considered what sort of king Jesus is to emphasize the tremendous sacrifice it was for Him to come to earth as a human (much less a baby). But He did NOT “start” as a baby.
Join me in Colossians 1 to put the magnifying glass on just a handful of characteristics of King Jesus.
On this episode I discuss:
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture – this week’s Bible Interaction Tool Exercises include:
- Make a list
- Considering a familiar story from a new perspective
- Jesus was an “unlikely hero”…or was He?
- Jesus is anything but small – Colossians 1:15-20
- Everything in our list was true of the baby lying in a manger
- Jesus was God
- Jesus holds the highest rank
- Jesus created His kingdom
- Before there was anything…King Jesus was
- Jesus is not an uninterested, disconnected King
- Jesus surpasses all others…He is illustrious, renowned, celebrated, and supreme
- So what is our response? Bring gifts that acknowledge WHO He is – Matthew 2:1-11
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! Subscribe in iTunesSubscribe in Stitcher Radio
If you have never heard this song before, you can listen to the official audio on YouTube below.
- Purchase the album or single on Amazon
- Lyrics and chords
- Story behind the song “How Many Kings” by downhere – New Release Today Article