I have been keeping Jesus small. I have found myself saying things like, “He started as a baby.” Fortunately for me, I allowed Scripture to reshape my thinking this week. Inspired by downhere’s song, “How Many Kings,” I considered what sort of king Jesus is to emphasize the tremendous sacrifice it was for Him to come to earth as a human (much less a baby). But He did NOT “start” as a baby.
Join me in Colossians 1 to put the magnifying glass on just a handful of characteristics of King Jesus.
On this episode I discuss:
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture – this week’s Bible Interaction Tool Exercises include:
- Make a list
- Considering a familiar story from a new perspective
- Jesus was an “unlikely hero”…or was He?
- Jesus is anything but small – Colossians 1:15-20
- Everything in our list was true of the baby lying in a manger
- Jesus was God
- Jesus holds the highest rank
- Jesus created His kingdom
- Before there was anything…King Jesus was
- Jesus is not an uninterested, disconnected King
- Jesus surpasses all others…He is illustrious, renowned, celebrated, and supreme
- So what is our response? Bring gifts that acknowledge WHO He is – Matthew 2:1-11
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! [button href=”https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/more-than-a-song/id829432908?mt=2″ primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in iTunes[/button][button href=”http://app.stitcher.com/browse/feed/45801/details” primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in Stitcher Radio[/button]
If you have never heard this song before, you can listen to the official audio on YouTube below.
- Purchase the album or single on Amazon
- Lyrics and chords
- Story behind the song “How Many Kings” by downhere – New Release Today Article