There are some nights when the moon shines so brightly I don’t even have to turn on the outside lights to pick my way across my back deck. It’s like a spotlight in the sky. Except that the moon doesn’t have any light of it’s own. The moon merely reflects the light of the sun. When we sing Hillsong Worship’s song, “This I Believe (The Creed)” or recite the statements found in the Apostles’ Creed we realize that it is not Scripture, but a reflection of the truth found in Scripture.
I hope you’ll take on the challenge of exploring the Scriptural support for the statements of the Apostles’ Creed with me. In fact, I’ve created a useful resource to help you.
On this episode I discuss:
- How creeds summarize Biblical truth and can give us a concise overview of foundational beliefs as followers of Christ
- The B.I.T.E.s – Bible Interaction Tool Exercises – for the week include:
- Explore a topic
- Read in context
- Clarifying the purpose of the creeds
- What it means to believe the statements sung in our song and found in the Apostles’ Creed
- Refuting the idea of “blind faith” with the eyewitness accounts of the apostles – Luke 1:1-4
- The Apostles’ Creed – A Teaching Series by Dr. R.C. Sproul
- The Apostles’ Creed – Matt Chandler YouTube Video Series
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! Subscribe in iTunesSubscribe in Stitcher Radio
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch a live performance video on YouTube below.