God’s Word challenges and convicts, reveals and comforts. It is an amazing privilege to have access to the words God has preserved for us. Jeremy Camp’s song, “Word of Life,” sings of effects God’s Word can have on our lives. Our efforts this week can bring that impact to life.
Join me as we follow a repeatable pattern to interact with God’s Word.
On this episode I discuss:
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture – this week’s Bible Interaction Tool Exercises include:
- Read an introduction to the book you are going to study
- Make a list
- Write out Scripture
- Using the Blue Letter Bible Introduction to Psalm 119 – click here to access
- The structure of Psalm 119 and how best to read and interact with it
- The 8 basic words used in Psalm 119 to describe God’s Word
- Observing Scripture by gathering information before jumping to application
- Reflecting on our observations to determine the meaning of the text
- Responding to what we’ve learned, either through action steps or prayer (or both)
- Observing, reflecting, and responding to Psalm 119:49-56
- How the negative things in life like suffering, mocking, wickedness, and my own indignation are met with God’s hope, comfort, preservation, and direction
- A prayer response to what we learned
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! Subscribe in iTunesSubscribe in Stitcher Radio
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch official lyric video on YouTube below.
- Purchase the single or album on Amazon
- The Story Behind the Song “Word of Life” by Jeremy Camp – YouTube Video