The Bible has a lot to say about functioning in vibrant relationships. While the song by Casting Crowns, “Broken Together” speaks of a couple dealing with brokenness in marriage, we will use it to uncover some gems that will help us in ALL of our relationships.
Great relationships (especially great marriages) don’t “just happen.” Allowing Scripture to define how we should treat one another is definitely the way to go! Along with the podcast I’ve created a resource to challenge you to “one up” those most important to you. Check it out!
On this episode I discuss:
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture – this week’s Bible Interaction Tool Exercises include:
- Explore a topic
- Follow the cross reference
- Ask questions
- The “mystery” of marriage – Ephesians 5:31
- The Bible interaction tool of chasing down cross references
- Marriage is an illustration of Christ and the church
- The cross reference mentioned in Ephesians 5:31 that leads us to Genesis 2:24
- Asking questions like “what explains why” and reading Genesis 2:18-24 to discover the answer
- Finding a wife is a good thing – Proverbs 18:22
- Be sure to partner with fellow Christ followers in your most intimate relationships – 2 Corinthians 6:14-16
- What happens if you are married to a non-believer? Read 1 Corinthians 7
- Marriage is more than a promise or a contract…it is a covenant
- An example of God making a covenant with Abram – Genesis 15:7-18
- The history of the covenant
- What “made the difference” in my marriage
- The idea of outdoing one another in love (I’ve even created a free resource to explore this further…download it here)
- How we should treat each other – Philippians 2:1-4
- Allowing God’s Word to define what marriage should be…not popular media (movies, songs and more)
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! [button href=”https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/more-than-a-song/id829432908?mt=2″ primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in iTunes[/button][button href=”http://app.stitcher.com/browse/feed/45801/details” primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in Stitcher Radio[/button]
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch the official music video on YouTube below.
Download the single or complete album by clicking the link below.
- Broken Together – Thrive Challenge by Mark Hall on YouTube
- Story behind the song in an interview with Mark Hall at Focus on the Family