“That’s the way we’ve always done it” has often caused the hair on the back of my neck to stand up. Not that tradition is bad, but understanding WHY we do things should be our motivating factor, not custom. I pray in Jesus’ name, but there is a Scriptural reason why. Lincoln Brewster’s song “There Is Power” reminds us of the power found in the name of Jesus.
Explore God’s Word with me as we discover the power truly found in Jesus’ name.
On this episode I discuss:
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture – this week’s Bible Interaction Tool Exercises include:
- Explore a topic
- Reading in context
- Use section headings
- Ask questions
- Great things are accomplished in the name of Jesus
- The demons were powerless because of His name – Luke 10:17
- Healing occurred in the name of Jesus – Acts 3:7-18, Acts 3:16
- Salvation comes through the name of Jesus – Romans 10:13
- Jesus instructs us to baptize in His name – Matthew 28:19
- We are justified in His name – 1 Corinthians 6:11
- We are supposed to do and say everything in the name of Jesus – Colossians 3:17
- Sometimes we do things because “that’s the way we’ve always done it”
- We are to pray in the name of Jesus – John 14:13-14, John 16:16-24
- So, we can ask for ANYTHING?
- How Jesus puts prayer in a distinctly God-centered context
- What glorifies God? Evidence of fruit-bearing in our lives – John 15:7-8
- Our joy is another result of our God-centered prayers lifted in Jesus’ name – John 16:23-24
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! Subscribe in iTunesSubscribe in Stitcher Radio
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch to the official lyric video on YouTube below.
Download the single or the entire album by clicking the link below.