We are broken people. As children of God we are stuck in this “already, but not yet” zone where we are new creations and can still respond from our brokenness. Matthew West’s song “Broken Things” brings us great encouragement that God uses damaged people. But Scripture is clear that God wants to redeem and restore us, which will require a mending of our brokenness.
I’m hoping Scripture will touch the deep places in us to reveal prevailing beliefs that God wants to mend.
On this episode I discuss:
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture – this week’s Bible Interaction Tool Exercises include:
- Using outside resources with commentary – I used the Maxwell Leadership Bible
- Meditation – give yourself margin to THINK about what you’re reading
- Discuss with others – putting your thoughts into words for others is a very powerful tool
- A lineup of misfits proving God can use anyone – great list from my friend Keith Ferrin
- God chooses the foolish things of the world to shame the wise – 1 Corinthians 1:27
- While God uses broken people, He doesn’t leave us broken
- A parable of Jesus – Laborers in the Vineyard – Matthew 20:1-16
- A recap of Jonah’s story found in Jonah 1-4
- Taking our eyes off of God’s grace leads to:
- All we have from God is a gift. Who are we to set the parameters for God to give it to others?
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! [button href=”https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/more-than-a-song/id829432908?mt=2″ primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in iTunes[/button][button href=”http://app.stitcher.com/browse/feed/45801/details” primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in Stitcher Radio[/button]
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch to the official lyric video on YouTube below.
Download the single by clicking the link below.
- The story behind the song “Broken Things” by Matthew West – YouTube Video
- Lyrics – Klove
- Lyrics and chords for “Broken Things” by Matthew West – Ultimate Guitar