You are divinely loved. You need to get a grip on that because we have some very important tasks ahead of us as followers of Christ. Jordan Feliz’ song “Beloved” reminds us of this truth, and Scripture gives us clear responsibilities as those loved by God.
We have a role to play. It’s time to embrace the truth that you are beloved.
On this episode I discuss:
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture – this week’s Bible Interaction Tool Exercises include:
- Listening to an audio version of the Bible
- Exploring the text in a variety of translations
- Reviewing a word study
- The journey of knowing more of God’s Word is beautiful and never-ending
- There will be moments in your future where the investment of Scripture today will overflow
- Lacing the words of God into your everyday speech
- Using YouVersion to listen to 1 John in a variety of translations (I listened to the NLT, the KJV, and the ESV)
- The Greek word for beloved agapétos – word study on BibleHub
- All references to agapétos in 1 John
- 1 John 2:7
- 1 John 3:2
- 1 John 3:21
- 1 John 4:1
- 1 John 4:7
- 1 John 4:11
- Why we need a song to remind us that we are beloved
- Where love originates – 1 John 4:19
- We can come to know and to believe the love that God has for us – 1 John 4:16
- We need to believe that we are loved so that we can go out and BE LOVED to a world that cannot see God, but can see God’s love brought to full expression in us – 1 John 4:12
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! Subscribe in iTunesSubscribe in Stitcher Radio
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch to the official lyric video on YouTube below.
Download the single or entire album by clicking the link below.
- Lyrics and chords for “Beloved” by Jordan Feliz – Ultimate Guitar