Challenges in our lives will never stop coming. Like waves that ebb and flow in strength and number, our trials and suffering come in and go out, but they never stop coming. The solution is to fix our eyes on God and the hope revealed in His Word. Ellie Holcomb’s song “Find You Here” reminds us that He is in the midst of each ordeal…even the darkest ones.
Peter knew he needed to prepare believers for fiery trials, too. Let’s let our song lead us there this week.
On this episode I discuss:
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture – this week’s Bible Interaction Tool Exercises include:
- Read and keep on reading
- Explore a topic
- Follow the cross references
- The problem with contemporary western thought in regard to suffering
- “Walking With God Through Pain and Suffering” by Timothy Keller
- Episode 171 and my reference to Jen Wilkin’s book “None Like Him”
- Ellie Holcomb’s blog post about the story behind the song – www.ellieholcomb.com
- The pattern in 1 Peter – We suffered. Christ suffered. We suffered. Christ suffered – Hebrews 4:15
- Jesus made perfect through suffering – Hebrews 2:10
- God is pleased with us when we endure suffering patiently – 1 Peter 2:20
- The example Christ leaves for suffering – 1 Peter 2:22-25
- The cross reference to Isaiah 53:2-12
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! Subscribe in iTunesSubscribe in Stitcher Radio
If you have never heard this song before, you can listen to the official audio on YouTube below.
Download the single or entire album by clicking the link below.
- Lyrics and chords for “Find You Here” by Ellie Holcomb – Ultimate Guitar
- Story behind the song “Find You Here” by Ellie Holcomb – New Release Today Article