You know you “own” the story when you can tell it and re-tell it in your own words and not lose the meaning. This is what Jon Foreman’s song “Your Love Is Strong” inspired me to do with Scripture this week. Not only that, but it sent me straight to Jesus’ Sermon on the Mount and a very special model for prayer.
Let’s not waste any time jumping right into Matthew 5-7!
On this episode I discuss:
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture – this week’s Bible Interaction Tool Exercises include:
- Read in a variety of translations
- Write out Scripture in your own words
- The lyrics in the song, “So why do I worry? Why do I freak out?” as it relates to Matthew 6:25-34
- An example using Psalm 8:1 where I rewrote it using my own words and my friend Teri rewrote it in her own words
- Comparing a portion of Matthew 6 in the English Standard Version and in The Message – Matthew 6:5-13
- Using my own words as I wrote out the Lord’s Prayer – Matthew 6:9-13
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! Subscribe in iTunesSubscribe in Stitcher Radio
If you have never heard this song before, you can listen to the official audio on YouTube below.
Download the single or entire album by clicking the link below.