We can learn so much through the study of the names of God. Hillsong Worship’s song, “What a Beautiful Name,” puts the name of Jesus front and center in a moving song of worship. How much more powerful will this song be when you invest some time in discovering and contemplating a few names revealed in God’s Word?
Let’s go to the beginning with Jesus, shall we?
On this episode I discuss:
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture – this week’s Bible Interaction Tool Exercises include
- Consult a commentary – I used Wayne Grudem’s Systematic Theology this week
- Follow the cross references
- Make a list
- How John calls Jesus “The Word” – John 1:1-3
- The doctrine of the trinity – God eternally exists as three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, and each person is fully God, and there is one God
- Wayne Grudem’s Podcast on the trinity – Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4
- The name for Jesus in John 1:1 – Logos
- Jesus was in the beginning – John 1:1
- Jesus is God – John 1:1
- Jesus was WITH God – John 1:2
- God created everything through Jesus – John 1:3
- We see each person of God in the beginning – Elohim – Genesis 1:1-3
- Just because God is plural doesn’t mean there is more than one God – Deuteronomy 6:4
- A powerful passage that brings it all together – Colossians 1:15-17
- “Let us” – Genesis 1:26
- The Name above all names – Philippians 2:1-11
- Making a list of our response to these amazing truths
- Trusting in the Name of Jesus – Proverbs 18:10
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! [button href=”https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/more-than-a-song/id829432908?mt=2″ primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in iTunes[/button][button href=”http://app.stitcher.com/browse/feed/45801/details” primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in Stitcher Radio[/button]
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch the official lyric video on YouTube below.
Download the single or entire album by clicking the link below.