Have you ever been in so much pain (physically or emotionally) that you practically howl? King David wrote what many theologians refer to as the “Howling Psalm” in Psalm 13. Shane & Shane has put this song of David to their own melody and titled it “Psalm 13” in their album of Psalms.
This song will help us meditate on this short and powerful Psalm this week.
On this episode I discuss:
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture – this week’s Bible Interaction Tool Exercises include
- Write out Scripture
- Journal your response to Scripture
- Pray the words of Scripture
- Meditate on Scripture (use the power of song to help you)
- Use an outside resource or commentary
- Sorrow – Psalm 13:1-2
- Prayer – Psalm 13:3-4
- Rejoicing – Psalm 13:5-6
- A wonderful resource for future study of the Psalms – Treasury of David by Charles Spurgeon
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! Subscribe in iTunesSubscribe in Stitcher Radio
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch the official music video on YouTube below.
Download the single or entire album by clicking the link below.