How often have I tried to squeeze God into the smallest of boxes? One way to take Him out in our own minds is to fixate on His greatness. Natalie Grant’s song “King Of The World” points us to Scripture where we can be reminded of God’s greatness.
This week I hope to lead you through exercises that will keep God’s position in perspective.
On this episode I discuss:
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture – this week’s Bible Interaction Tool Exercises include
- Make a list
- Read/study in context
- Our inspiration verse linked to the song – Psalm 47:2
- Why it’s so easy to verbalize our problems and so difficult to verbalize our gratitude
- Making a list of God’s attributes from the verses of Psalm 47
- He is Most High, mighty, awesome, and the King over ALL the earth
- He subdues nations – Psalm 47:3
- He puts enemies under our feet – Psalm 47:3
- He chose the promised land as a long term inheritance for those he loves – Psalm 47:4
- He ascended with a mighty shout and trumpets blaring – Psalm 47:5
- He reigns above the nations…sitting on His holy and magnificent throne – Psalm 47:8
- Making a list from memory of God’s attributes
- Treasuring God’s words and His way of thinking over our own
- Making a list from the last 7 episodes
- God reigns from His throne and He deserves all praise – Episode #152
- Vast armies are no match for God – Episode #151
- God is always working – Episode #150
- God sent the Light of Life through fragile people – Episode #149
- God came down to give us light and guide our feet into the way of peace – Episode #148
- Behold Him – Episode #147
- God created everything through Christ and then sent Him to be WITH us – Episode #146
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! Subscribe in iTunesSubscribe in Stitcher Radio
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch the official lyric video on YouTube below.
Download the single or the entire album by clicking the link below.