Do we boldly approach the throne of God and forget how ASTONISHING that throne is? “Revelation Song” by Jennie Lee Riddle and famously sung by Kari Jobe leads us into the throne room of heaven. But before the song pointed to it, Ezekiel and John brought us there in Scripture.
Are you ready? Are you really ready to slow down and take in the stunning throne of God?
On this episode I discuss:
- Exegesis vs. Eisegesis vs. “Narcigesis”
- The story behind “Revelation Song” written by Jennie Lee Riddle – New Release Today Article
- Immersing ourselves in Scripture
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture – this week’s Bible Interaction Tool Exercises include
- Meditating on God’s Word
- Slowing down
- Listening to an audio version
- Listening to epic music while studying/reading
- Searching the internet for artist’s interpretations of the living beings mentioned in Ezekiel 1
- The living beings moving around the throne like flashes of lightning – Ezekiel 1:4
- Ezekiel doing his best to describe the scene with the limited exposure to the sight
- Ezekiel’s response – Ezekiel 1:28
- Similarities in John’s description of the throne room of God in Revelation 4
- The response of the 24 elders to lay down their crowns at the worship of God – Revelation 4:9-11
- Francis Chan’s message at Passion 2017 – YouTube Video
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! Subscribe in iTunesSubscribe in Stitcher Radio
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch the official lyric video on YouTube below.
Download the single or the entire album by clicking the link below.
- Lyrics and chords
- Story Behind the Song “Revelation Song” featuring Jennie Lee Riddle and Kari Jobe – YouTube Video
- Story Behind the Song “Revelation Song” by Jennie Lee Riddle – New Release Today Article