Sometimes God equips us for the fight and sometimes He asks us to take our positions and watch Him fight for us. In the song “Battles” by The Afters, we see God fighting our battles and can celebrate it through music. We can learn a great deal from examining how King Jehoshaphat responded to a vast army and a seemingly impossible battle ahead.
Join me in 2 Chronicles as we scrutinize the response of the king and his people to their looming battle.
On this episode I discuss:
- Christian music is a powerful tool in our arsenal, but it does not replace time in God’s Word
- A great example of God fighting the battle on behalf of His people – Exodus 14 – (Check out Episode 91 where I spend more time in this section of Scripture)
- There are times the Lord will fight for us and there are times when He has equipped us to fight
- Seeking wisdom from God – James 1:5
- The introduction of King Jehoshaphat as a good king – 2 Chronicles 20:32
- Jehoshaphat’s example when faced with an impossible battle – 2 Chronicles 20:3-4
- How Jehoshaphat freaks out, but begs God for guidance and other Scriptural precedence to beg – Luke 11:5-10
- How Jehoshaphat included others
- Jehoshaphat’s prayer – 2 Chronicles 20:5-12
- We are powerless
- We don’t know what to do
- We are looking to you for help
- God’s response – 2 Chronicles 20:15-17
- The battle is not yours but God’s
- You will not even need to fight
- Take your positions then stand still and watch the Lord’s victory
- God’s words of encouragement – 2 Chronicles 20:17
- He is with you
- Do not be afraid or discouraged
- How belief and trust is required in allowing God to fight our battles – 2 Chronicles 20:20
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! Subscribe in iTunesSubscribe in Stitcher Radio
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch the official lyric video on YouTube below.
Download the single or the entire album by clicking the link below.