We know that Jesus came to be WITH us, but to understand that He also came FOR us is cause for celebration! Meredith Andrews wrote a unique chorus to the traditional Christmas song, “God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen,” and has entitled it, “He Has Come For Us.” I was inspired by the chorus to explore Scriptures describing WHY Jesus came for us.
I barely scratch the surface, but will hopefully get you started as we discover what Scripture has to say about why Jesus came for us.
On this episode I discuss:
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture – our Bible Interaction Tool Exercises this week are:
- Explore a topic
- Consult outside resources – the list I used to dig into God’s Word
- Read in context
- The purpose for which Christ was born – John 18:37
- Just because you are seeking truth doesn’t mean you are ready to accept it when you see it
- Jesus came into the world as light so we would not remain in darkness – John 12:44-46
- Jesus has come as light to rescue us from darkness – John 1:4-5
- Seeing much of why Christ came through Zechariah’s prophecy – Luke 1:68-79
- “Remember Christ, our Savior, was born on Christmas day to save us all from Satan’s power when we were gone astray” – Parable of the Lost Sheep – Luke 15:1-7
- Jesus came to seek and save the lost – Luke 19:10
- Jesus came to serve and give His life – Matthew 20:28
- Jesus came to call sinners – Matthew 9:11-13
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! Subscribe in iTunesSubscribe in Stitcher Radio
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch an unofficial lyric video on YouTube below.
Download the single or the entire album by clicking the link below.