We know that Jesus came to be WITH us, but to understand that He also came FOR us is cause for celebration! Meredith Andrews wrote a unique chorus to the traditional Christmas song, “God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen,” and has entitled it, “He Has Come For Us.” I was inspired by the chorus to explore Scriptures describing WHY Jesus came for us.
I barely scratch the surface, but will hopefully get you started as we discover what Scripture has to say about why Jesus came for us.
On this episode I discuss:
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture – our Bible Interaction Tool Exercises this week are:
- Explore a topic
- Consult outside resources – the list I used to dig into God’s Word
- Read in context
- The purpose for which Christ was born – John 18:37
- Just because you are seeking truth doesn’t mean you are ready to accept it when you see it
- Jesus came into the world as light so we would not remain in darkness – John 12:44-46
- Jesus has come as light to rescue us from darkness – John 1:4-5
- Seeing much of why Christ came through Zechariah’s prophecy – Luke 1:68-79
- “Remember Christ, our Savior, was born on Christmas day to save us all from Satan’s power when we were gone astray” – Parable of the Lost Sheep – Luke 15:1-7
- Jesus came to seek and save the lost – Luke 19:10
- Jesus came to serve and give His life – Matthew 20:28
- Jesus came to call sinners – Matthew 9:11-13
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! [button href=”https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/more-than-a-song/id829432908?mt=2″ primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in iTunes[/button][button href=”http://app.stitcher.com/browse/feed/45801/details” primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in Stitcher Radio[/button]
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch an unofficial lyric video on YouTube below.
Download the single or the entire album by clicking the link below.