Christmastime is here! I love this season! I love the music, I love the traditions, I love the decorations, I love the food, and I love taking extra time examining the reason we celebrate this Holy Day. This week I am excited to use Matthew West’s new song, “Join the Angels,” to inspire us to pore over the Christmas story.
The angels had a pretty important role in the story of Christ coming to earth as a human. Let’s delve into exactly what they had to say together!
On this episode I discuss:
- Drawing near to God by staying in Scripture
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture – our Bible Interaction Tool Exercises this week are:
- Read in context
- Explore a topic
- The role, message, and response of angels in the Christmas story – Luke 1-2
- Gabriel’s message to Zechariah – Luke 1:11-17
- Zechariah’s response – Luke 1:18-20
- The idea that we have some of the same privileges as angels
- Gabriel’s message to Mary – Luke 1:26-33
- Mary’s response – Luke 1:34-38
- The difference between Zechariah’s question to Gabriel and Mary’s question to Gabriel
- The angel’s message to the shepherds – Luke 2:8-14
- Our response to the angels…will we join the angels?
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! Subscribe in iTunesSubscribe in Stitcher Radio
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch the official lyric video on YouTube below.
Download the single or the entire album by clicking the link below.
This Week’s Challenge
Read Luke 1 and 2 and ponder the experiences of Mary, Zechariah, and the shepherds with angels. Think about the angelic messages and what they mean to us today. And then let’s “join the angels” this Christmas season, sharing the good news of the gospel, glorifying God in the highest, and delivering messages of peace on earth.