What is your agenda? If you enter a conversation with an agenda, you have a plan for the direction of the discussion. When you receive an agenda for a meeting, it is the leader’s plan for the direction of the meeting. What is your agenda — your plan — for your life? Does it match God’s agenda? Tenth Avenue North’s song, “What You Want” leads us to search out the Scripture for what God’s agenda.
In fact, I take filter the search even further to seek out what brings God delight. Are you ready to go exploring?
On this episode I discuss:
- As an only child with many father figures in my life, I often wanted to please them
- The desire to please those we love
- Exploring Scriptures that declare what God delights in
- The B.I.T.E.s – Bible Interaction Tool Exercises – for the week include:
- Exploring a topic – use this tool to help
- Read the context
- Remember the people in the Bible are REAL
- Make a list
- What does God NOT delight in
- What God DOES delight in – Hosea 6:6
- The word picture God asks Hosea to live out
- The type of sacrifice God desires
- Praying that God would break our heart over our own betrayal
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! Subscribe in iTunesSubscribe in Stitcher Radio
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch the official lyric video on YouTube below.
Download the single or pre-order the entire album by clicking cover below.