There is something that happens when you begin to understand that you are fully loved by God. But it is an entirely different process to start LIVING loved. Hawk Nelson’s song, “Live Like You’re Loved,” sent me on a journey through a good portion of Genesis to examine the life of a man who gives us an example of living loved.
Get lost in the story of Joseph with me this week. I hope it will challenge you as much as it has challenged me.
On this episode I discuss:
- Reading Lysa TerKeurst’s book “Uninvited: Living Loved When You Feel Less Than, Left Out and Lonely”
- Performance-based efforts won’t work, but full surrender to God will
- Living loved in spite of suffering as inspired by Paul – 2 Corinthians 12:7-10
- Paul’s maturity about his situation did not happen overnight
- My tendencies when faced with weakness, insults, hardships, persecutions and troubles (Warning! It’s not pretty)
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture – our Bible Interaction Tool Exercises this week are:
- Read and keep on reading
- Try an easy to read translation (like New Living Translation)
- A quick overview of Joseph’s life relating it to Paul’s list in 2 Corinthians 12:7-10
- The fact that it will be recognizable when you live loved
- What I need to work on…more compassion, more grace, more words of life, more sincere prayer and less criticism and quick judgment
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! Subscribe in iTunesSubscribe in Stitcher Radio
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch the official lyric video on YouTube below.
Download the single or entire album by clicking the link below.
This Week’s Challenge
Read about the life of Joseph in Genesis 37-50. Read and keep on reading. Don’t stop too often the first time. After you’ve read it all the way through and taken in the highs and lows of Joseph’s journey, consider Paul’s list in 2 Corinthians 12. Apply the list to Joseph’s experiences and your own. Compare and contrast your responses to those you uncover in Scripture. Ask God to convict you and set out a path to live loved out of all the reserves you are building up by staying in God’s Word.