We can hide from God about as well as a toddler hiding under the dining room table in plain sight with eyes tightly shut. Just as He doesn’t abandon us when we are trying to hide from Him, God doesn’t abandon us when we stray from Him either. Jordan Feliz’ song “Never Too Far Gone” leads us to consider the “before Christ” and “after Christ” impact on Paul.
Join me in two sections of Scripture this week as we reflect on the life of someone who seemed “too far gone.”
On this episode I discuss:
- Christian songs solve the riddles of life with inspiration from music – Psalms 49:3-4
- You can’t hide from God…and He doesn’t want you to – Psalm 139:7-12
- Communion with God is summam bonum – the highest good – not checking off items on a list
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture – our Bible Interaction Tool Exercises this week are:
- Complete a character study
- Remember that Paul was a real person
- Read or study to epic music playing in the background
- The summary Paul gives of himself and his conversion – Galatians 1:11-24
- The actual account of Saul’s conversion – Acts 9:1-25
- The idea that Saul was HORRIBLE (think ISIS beheading kind of horrible) and even he was not “too far gone” for God to set apart and use
- Creating an environment to increase your probability of communion with God
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! [button href=”https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/more-than-a-song/id829432908?mt=2″ primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in iTunes[/button][button href=”http://app.stitcher.com/browse/feed/45801/details” primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in Stitcher Radio[/button]
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch the official lyric video on YouTube below.
Download the single or entire album by clicking the link below.
- Story Behind the Song “Never Too Far Gone” by Jordan Feliz – NewReleaseToday.com Article
- Timeline of the life of the Apostle Paul – Blue Letter Bible
This Week’s Challenge
Read all about the conversion of Saul in Acts 9. Try reading it with some “epic” music playing in the background. Read Paul’s summary of his conversion in Galatians 1. Perhaps in either of these places you may get lost in the story and keep reading! Don’t forget that Paul was a real person and all of this really happened to him. Follow Paul’s example and get away with God this week. Maybe play some soothing music that will quiet your soul as you move away from the checklist mentality and toward intimacy with God. Give Him space in your schedule and in your mind to speak to you.