The characters in God’s Word are so rich with lives we can relate to and experiences we can learn from. Matthew West’s song, “Mended,” caused me to look into the life of Mary Magdalene. Mary was broken, but Jesus mended her and changed her life and eternity.
Join me as we follow some practical steps to study the life of Mary Magdalene.
On this episode I discuss:
- Story behind the song “Mended” – YouTube Video
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture – our Bible Interaction Tool Exercises this week are:
- Complete a character study
- Remember the character is a real person
- Using a topical resource to find Scripture references – use this article found on Bible Gateway
- Look up every single reference and log a summary in a notebook – here is my example
- Discovering Mary was broken, but Jesus mended her – Mark 16:9-11
- Using additional resources to help you understand the character further – Bible Gateway article
- Wealth does not mean you won’t suffer – Proverbs 11:4
- Profound blessings from God does not mean you will be grateful – Luke 17:11-19
- Following Jesus is HARD – Matthew 10 – Episode 117
- God’s deliverance should equal a heart of gratitude that can be seen in our actions
- We are blessed to be a blessing
- She owed much, she gave much, she loved much, she served much
- When Jesus looked at Mary, she may have seen broken, but He saw mended
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch the official lyric video on YouTube below.
Download the single or entire album by clicking the link below.
This Week’s Challenge
Read all about Mary Magdalene for yourself! Try the resources I used to guide you to Scriptures about Mary. Take the B.I.T.E. of completing a character study by reading Scripture in context, consulting additional resources (only after you’ve read the Bible for yourself,) and drawing some conclusions and applying lessons learned to your own life. And while you are studying Mary, don’t forget that she was a REAL person.