I’m sick and tired of being a prisoner of war. I’m ready to send my enemy running for the hills, aren’t you? Crowder, in his new song “Run Devil Run,” inspired me to create a strategy against the devil. It’s all laid out for us in Scripture.
It’s time to get serious about our strategy against a very real enemy. Are you ready?
On this episode I discuss:
- Story behind the song “Run Devil Run” – YouTube Video
- The enemy has a strategy – Ephesians 6:11
- The main weapon of the devil is the LIE
- Department of Defense Strategy for Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction
- Our formidable foe – Ephesians 6:12
- Our strategy to fight the enemy
- Prevent acquisition
- Contain and reduce threats
- Respond to crises
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture – our Bible Interaction Tool Exercises this week are:
- Slow down
- Read in various translations
- We are soldiers of Christ – see Episode 104
- Studying a previous battle plan of the enemy – Genesis 3
- The Lie: Destruction of Relationship – a video resource by my mentor
- How our strategy must include others – Ephesians 6:18
- How we must be flexible and maintain robust situational awareness – Ephesians 6:18
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! [button href=”https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/more-than-a-song/id829432908?mt=2″ primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in iTunes[/button][button href=”http://app.stitcher.com/browse/feed/45801/details” primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in Stitcher Radio[/button]
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch the official music video on YouTube below.
Download the single by clicking the link below.
This Week’s Challenge
Be a good soldier this week. Spend some time preparing by studying a common battle plan of the enemy in Genesis 3. Prevent acquisition by filling your heart and mind with the truth of God’s Word on a consistent basis. Contain and reduce threats by daily (even many times a day) putting on and securing the armor of God found in Ephesians 6. Respond to crises with flexibility, maintaining situational awareness and working with fellow believers. Don’t hide. Don’t blame. Know truth. Don’t give up.