My favorite musical of all time is “My Fair Lady.” Sometimes I feel like Eliza when she sings, “Words, words, words, I’m so sick of words!” You may find that strange considering the number of words I speak and write each week. We are inundated with SO MANY WORDS every moment of every day, and God patiently stands in line waiting for us to listen to HIS WORDS. Third Day sings about God’s Word in the song “Your Words,” and we will use this song to inspire us to read God’s Word for ourselves.
God’s Words have a purpose and they will accomplish what God desires. It’s probably a good idea, then, to know God’s Words and their purpose. Let’s dive in!
On this episode I discuss:
- A beautiful Scripture that my youngest used to read daily – Isaiah 55:10-11
- We can’t speak words we don’t know, and we can’t KNOW them by reading them once (or never at all)
- Introduction to the Book of Isaiah – Bible.org
- God’s Word nourishes better than food
- Isaiah 55:1-2
- Jesus said it in Matthew 4:4 when he referred to…
- Deuteronomy 8:3
- God must discipline us for disobedience
- God’s discipline is not to punish, but to call back to the standard of obedience
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture – our Bible Interaction Tool Exercises this week are:
- Read in context
- Review an outline overview
- Chase rabbits (also known as cross references) – favorite tool is BibleHub.com
- Pray Scripture
- We don’t hunger anymore
- Heeding God’s call to listen to Him – Isaiah 55:3
- Rejoicing in the fact that we don’t always understand God – Isaiah 55:8-9
- An example of fighting back with the very words of God
- A revelation of what God’s Word will accomplish – Isaiah 55:12-13
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! [button href=”https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/more-than-a-song/id829432908?mt=2″ primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in iTunes[/button][button href=”http://app.stitcher.com/browse/feed/45801/details” primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in Stitcher Radio[/button]
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch an official lyric video on YouTube below.
Download the single or the album by clicking one of the links below.
This Week’s Challenge
Use this week’s podcast to guide you to Isaiah 55. Read it all the way through (in context). Follow my rabbit trail (also known as cross references) to Matthew 4 and Deuteronomy 8 and back to Isaiah 55. Fight against the enemy with God’s very words. Wait expectantly for the fruit to grow…for God’s Word to accomplish all that He wants it to.