I don’t think we fully comprehend how valuable we are to God. He tells us in many different ways and contexts and this week’s song, “Sparrows” by Jason Gray, leads us to one of those sections of Scripture where Jesus makes it very clear how valuable we are to our Father.
The reason it is so important that we understand our value to God may surprise you, however.
On this episode I discuss:
- You can’t add a single day by worrying – Matthew 6:27
- Don’t worry your life away, don’t let the trouble win – Matthew 6:34
- Not a field or flower escapes His notice – Matthew 6:26, Matthew 6:28-30
- I chose Matthew 10 because Matthew 10:29 mentions sparrows and so does our song
- How amazing it must have felt to the disciples to be bestowed the authority to do amazing things like Jesus
- Relying on God’s provision instead of financial buffers – Matthew 10:5-10
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture – our Bible Interaction Tool Exercises this week are:
- Reading in context
- Asking questions
- Breaking down Matthew 10:11-15 by asking questions
- Understanding our value to God
- Random facts
- 540 million house sparrows in the world
- 7.4 billion people in the world
- 150,000 hairs on each of our heads (on average)
- 1.11 quadrillion hairs are numbered by God
- Nothing you are going through escapes His notice
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! Subscribe in iTunesSubscribe in Stitcher Radio
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch the official lyric video on YouTube below.
Download the single or album by clicking the links below.
This Week’s Challenge
Read all of Matthew 10 in context, of course! Ask questions while you are reading. Seek first to understand the Scripture before you seek to understand what it might mean for you. After you break it down with your questions, it will be easier to discover revelation and application for your life.