Have you ever told a part of your story that you have been keeping inside? There is a freedom that comes in the telling. Big Daddy Weave captures the power of testimony in their song, “My Story.”
I’ve been greatly impacted by the testimony of others recently. It sent me to explore the story of Solomon.
On this episode I discuss:
- Spiritual Emphasis Week at the Christian School where I work
- The ministry of Rick and Mick Vigneulle – www.rickandmick.com
- How the thoughtless words of others can set us on a trajectory of destruction
- How there is no place too low for God to pull us up
- On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the best, what are your chances of making it to heaven?
- Why there is such power in testimony – Revelation 12:11
- Solomon’s beginning – 2 Samuel 12:24-25
- Solomon’s dysfunctional family
- Where Solomon’s story intersects with his siblings – 2 Samuel 13:28-29
- Solomon’s father’s end-of-life words to him – 1 Kings 2:1-4
- Taking a B.I.T.E. Out of Scripture – our Bible Interaction Tool Exercises this week are:
- Read and keep on reading – spend enough time reading to get caught up in the story
- Write out your story
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! [button href=”https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/more-than-a-song/id829432908?mt=2″ primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in iTunes[/button][button href=”http://app.stitcher.com/browse/feed/45801/details” primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in Stitcher Radio[/button]
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch the official video on YouTube below.
Download the single or entire album by clicking the links below.
- The story behind the song “My Story” by Big Daddy Weave – New Release Today Article
- The story behind the song “My Story” by Big Daddy Weave – YouTube Video
This Week’s Challenge
Read and keep on reading in 2 Samuel 12 through 1 Kings 11 to see the story of Solomon. Consider the similarities in Solomon’s life to your own. Then write out your story. You will overcome by the blood of the Lamb and the word of your testimony. Bonus points? Share your story with someone else. You never know how God can use it!