Trust is a key foundation to our relationship with God the Father, Son AND Holy Spirit. When we allow our circumstances to define the character of God rather than His Word, we can easily be led to fear and doubt instead of trust. “Trust in You” by Lauren Daigle is a profound proclamation in song of our trust in God despite our circumstances.
We will once again use the gift of a song to lead us to an even deeper impact on our souls, and that is hiding the truth of Scripture deep inside.
On this episode I discuss:
- Deciding today to allow God’s Word to define God’s character and not our circumstances
- Taking a B.I.T.E. Out of Scripture – our Bible Interaction Tool Exercise this week is:
- Creating review cards by hand writing key Scriptures
- Most useful when you actually review them!
- How trusting in God is mentioned twice and “fret not” is mentioned 3 times in 8 short verses – Psalm 37:1-8
- Being sure we are not an “evildoer” as we read through Psalm 37
- My “life verse” – Proverbs 3:5-6
- Heeding God’s warning to operate in our own wisdom – Proverbs 3:7-8
- The verses from Psalm 37 that I chose to write out on review cards
- Psalm 37:3 – I love the idea of “befriending faithfulness”
- Psalm 37:4 – I talk about delighting ourselves in the Lord
- Psalm 37:5-6 – Trusting God to act on our behalf
- Psalm 37:12-13 – A wonderful look at God’s perspective
- Psalm 37:23-24 – Even though our steps are “custom fit” by God when we delight in His ways, we may still fall
- The verses I chose to represent the lyrics from the bridge of “Trust in You” by Lauren Daigle
- You are my strength and comfort – Psalm 27:1
- You are my steady hand – Psalm 37:23-24
- You are my firm foundation; the rock on which I stand – 1 Corinthians 3:11
- Your ways are always higher – Isaiah 55:9
- Your plans are always good – Jeremiah 29:11
- There’s not a place where I’ll go, you’ve not already stood – Psalm 139:5
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! [button href=”https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/more-than-a-song/id829432908?mt=2″ primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in iTunes[/button][button href=”http://app.stitcher.com/browse/feed/45801/details” primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in Stitcher Radio[/button]
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch the official video on YouTube below.
Download the single or entire album by clicking the links below.
This Week’s Challenge
Use this song to inspire you to spend some time in Psalm 37 this week. Take a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture by following the Bible Interaction Tool Exercise of writing down key verses on note cards and review them regularly. Review them before you get in the car in the morning. Review them before you break for lunch in the afternoon. Have your spouse or children read them to you while you’re driving. Call up a friend and read the verses to them. Allow God’s Word to define the character of God and not your circumstances. Commit your way to the Lord, trust in Him and He will act.