Our existence here on earth is temporary. God’s ultimate plan for our lives is for us to live on forever with Him. He calls it eternal life and that is the topic of this week’s song by The Afters. “Live On Forever” inspired me to read about the life of Enoch.
I can’t wait to explore this interesting and stirring story about a man who walked with God.
On this episode I discuss:
- The story behind the song “Live On Forever” by The Afters – YouTube Video by The Afters
- Description of the new heaven and new earth in our “forever” life – Revelation 21:1-7
- Taking a B.I.T.E. Out of Scripture – our Bible Interaction Tool Exercise this week is:
- Creating a character profile
- I chose Enoch to go along with our song this week
- Enoch walked with God and never died – Genesis 5:24
- Enoch was a man of faith and one who was known as a person who pleased God – Hebrews 11:5
- Enoch prophesied of the end times and was the 7th from Adam – Jude 1:14-15
- A deeper look at Enoch’s family heritage – Genesis 5:18-24
- Walking with God – a continuous, conversational relationship
- Enoch’s walk included obedience – John 14:23
- Living forever is not the goal — intimacy with God and His presence forever is the goal
- Enoch’s walk included earnestly seeking God – Hebrews 11:5-6
- Our memory verse for the week – 1 John 2:17
- The promise of eternal life when God’s Word remains in us – 1 John 2:24-25
- Victory as described by Christ – Revelation 21:7
- How our walk should reflect Enoch’s in its continuous nature – 1 John 2:28
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! Subscribe in iTunesSubscribe in Stitcher Radio
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch the official lyric video on YouTube below.
Download the single by clicking the link below.
This Week’s Challenge
Increase your intimacy with God by staying in His Word. We’ve touched on several areas of Scripture this week. Use these touch points to inspire you to explore all of 1 John, Hebrews 11 or Revelation 21. Remember, God’s presence is the goal.