The topic of identity is blazing across headlines daily these days. It’s always been an issue. How do we define who we are? Do we identify with this group or that group? Are we defined by what we do or how much we make? As Christians we need to get a grip on this very important topic. Blanca’s song, “Who I Am” brings us to our senses and reminds us that we need to have our identity in the One Who made us. It matters more Whose we are than who we are. This week we examine a potential identity crisis in the life of David.
We do well to learn as much as we can from the very human, very flawed people of God as revealed in Scripture.
- “When I know Whose I am, I know who I am.” – Blanca in a Behind the Music “Who I Am” Air1 Radio YouTube Video
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture – our Bible Interaction Tool Exercise this week is considering that the characters we are reading about in the Bible are REAL, picturing them in their environments and considering their probable feelings and emotions
- The main highlights of 1 Samuel leading up to our focus scene in 1 Samuel 16
- Samuel’s state of mind as he heads out on a new assignment from God – 1 Samuel 16:1
- Acknowledging our sorrow, grief and sadness while picking up and moving on when God calls
- The mindset of the people of Bethlehem as they welcomed Samuel – 1 Samuel 16:4-5
- A solid revelation from God Himself…He looks on the heart – 1 Samuel 16:7, Romans 12:2
- The importance of tending to our heart more than our outside appearance so we won’t be rejected by God – 1 Samuel 16:7
- Jesse and his misunderstanding of what was important to God – 1 Samuel 8-11
- Unpacking what David’s thought life might entail given the complete disregard of his family
- Discovering which character in this story reflects where you are in your life
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! Subscribe in iTunesSubscribe in Stitcher Radio
If you have never heard this song before, you can listen to the official audio video on YouTube below.
Download the single or the album by clicking the link below.