There are many times when I am cemented by the enormity of the obstacles in front of me. I am terrified, or overwhelmed, or saddened or any other host of immobilizing emotions. This is why I enjoy the song, “Move (Keep Walkin’)” by TobyMac. I use the song to deploy us to 2 Timothy, where we can get “unstuck” by simply following Paul’s advice to Timothy.
It may be simple, but it will be challenging. I hope you accept the assignment.
- Setting goals using strong verbs
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture – Bible Interaction Tool Exercises this week…
- Reading in context
- Making lists
- Making a list of strong verbs found in 2 Timothy
- Training your mind to be curious and ask questions while you’re reading or listening to teaching
- The strong verb, “share.” Share what? – 2 Timothy 1:8
- The strong verb, “follow.” Follow what? – 2 Timothy 1:13
- How I was inspired by the lyric “soldier keep movin’ on” that led me to 2 Timothy 2:3-4
- Soldiers endure great challenges and suffering to please their commanding officer. How much more will we as soldiers of Christ?
- Avoid getting entangled in civilian pursuits – 2 Timothy 2:4
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! Subscribe in iTunesSubscribe in Stitcher Radio
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch the official lyric video on YouTube below.
Download the single or the album by clicking the link below.