Why is easier to trust God for some things than for others? Do we believe He is all powerful or not? Do we trust His authority over our circumstances or not? God sweeps Ezekiel into a valley to show him the most amazing resurrection scene. This week’s song, “Come Alive (Dry Bones)” by Lauren Daigle sweeps us into Ezekiel chapter 37 to encounter God’s sovereignty as well.
I can’t wait for you to ponder this scene and discover the ultimate power of God.
- How Scripture can remind us of songs and songs can remind us of Scripture
- How those of us with dead relationships, dead churches and dead communities can come alive – I mentioned this in Episode 97, too!
- The story behind the song as told by co-writers Lauren Daigle and Michael Farren – YouTube Video
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture with this week’s Bible Interaction Tool Exercise: Meditating on Scripture
- Referential representation – imagining in our mind what the words on the page represent
- My picture of the valley mentioned in Ezekiel – Ezekiel 37:1
- Another mention of a valley of death – Psalm 23:4
- The name Ezekiel used for God and what it means to all of us – Ezekiel 37:3
- Speaking out loud over our circumstances
- The part that was up to God, the part that was up to Ezekiel and the part that was up to the dry bones
- How God used the wind to breathe life back into the dry bones – Ezekiel 37:10-11
- Filling in the blank of what the dry bones represent in our own lives
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! [button href=”https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/more-than-a-song/id829432908?mt=2″ primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in iTunes[/button][button href=”http://app.stitcher.com/browse/feed/45801/details” primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in Stitcher Radio[/button]
If you have never heard this song before, you can hear the official lyric video on YouTube below.
Download the single by clicking the link below.
This Week’s Challenge
Click Below to Listen to the Podcast Now!