Hearing the stories of others can give us hope and encouragement in our own struggles. This week’s song, “Worn” by Tenth Avenue North, puts into words what many of us are feeling in our own wearying circumstances. This week we meet up with Jacob in the book of Genesis. I start to feel worn just recapping his life’s journey!
Let’s see what we can learn from Jacob’s encounter with God.
- A video discussing the inspiration for writing the song
- A video journal of the lead singer of Tenth Avenue North examining a time in his life when he was worn
- Stating our sorrows, but rehearsing God’s faithfulness
- Admitting our weariness in our circumstances, but confessing God’s greatness
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture with this week’s Bible Interaction Tool Exercise of reading greater sections of Scripture to get the big picture
- A recap of Jacob’s life…I got wiped out just reading the highlights!
- Jacob’s experience with God in Genesis 28:10-22
- Jesus is the “ladder” leading to heaven – John 1:51
- Taking our hard places, setting them up as stones of remembrance and anointing them for God’s holy use in our lives and His kingdom
- Taking ownership of our own faith
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! [button href=”https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/more-than-a-song/id829432908?mt=2″ primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in iTunes[/button][button href=”http://app.stitcher.com/browse/feed/45801/details” primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in Stitcher Radio[/button]
If you have never heard this song before, you can hear the official audio version on YouTube below.
Download the single by clicking the link below.