Have you ever arrived to a familiar destination only to discover you don’t remember experiencing the journey? “Awake Our Souls” by Tim Timmons is a cry for all of us to wake up and experience the Kingdom of God all around us! It inspires me to pick up God’s Word and consider what it teaches about the Kingdom.
God asks for our efforts to be focused on His agenda and His way of doing things. God’s Word can teach us how.
On this episode I discuss:
- The story behind the song – Tim Timmons on YouTube
- Getting to the heart…the true source of who we are
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture with the Bible Interaction Tool Exercise of a topical search – use this free resource
- Not stopping at the short list of topical Scriptures…you must read them in CONTEXT
- Combating the lies of the enemy with the truth of Scripture
- Using commentaries AFTER you have read and considered God’s Word for yourself
- Experiencing the Fruit of the Spirit rather than just the fruit of my own labor
- The story behind the album – Tim Timmons on YouTube
- Seeking first the Kingdom of God and HIS righteousness – Matthew 6:33
- How the Kingdom of God doesn’t look like I expect it to look
- When the King was arriving – John 12:12-16
- When the King declares His Kingdom is eternal – John 18:36
- How the theological truth that the Kingdom of God is eternal in nature changes my posture
- Allowing this week’s song to be a prayer in our own lives
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! Subscribe in iTunesSubscribe in Stitcher Radio
If you have never heard this song before, you can hear the official audio version on YouTube below.
Download the single by clicking the link below.