Do you ever feel like you are leaving one battle for another day after day? “Good Fight” by Unspoken leads us to the New and Old Testaments to see what Scripture teaches us about “fighting the good fight.”
I cover a lot of ground this week and I hope you will take the time to dig into Scripture for yourself. We can all use tips on how to better “fight the good fight” of our faith.
On this episode I discuss:
- Reading 1st and 2nd Timothy all at once to get the big picture
- If you are not familiar with these letters from Paul to Timothy, read them in an easy to read translation like New Living Translation or New International Version
- If you are familiar with many of the passages found in these letters, read them in an unfamiliar version. I used The Voice translation online at www.BibleGateway.com
- The background of the relationship between Paul and Timothy
- Focusing in on the three verses that specifically mention the “good fight” – 1 Timothy 1:18, 1 Timothy 6:12 & 1 Timothy 4:7
- Paul teaching Timothy to fight the good fight through prayer
- To fight the good fight is to persevere
- Paul teaching Timothy to fight the good fight through running from evil and pursuing righteousness
- Nehemiah‘s good fight to rebuild the wall and one of his enemies, Sanballat
- Description of the characteristics of Nehemiah’s enemy
- Lessons from Nehemiah in fighting a good fight
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! [button href=”https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/more-than-a-song/id829432908?mt=2″ primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in iTunes[/button][button href=”http://app.stitcher.com/browse/feed/45801/details” primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in Stitcher Radio[/button]
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch the official lyric video on YouTube below.
Download the single or the entire album by clicking the links below
- Behind the Song With Kevin Davis – New Release Tuesday
- Behind the Music – YouTube Video – Unspoken
- John Maxwell Leadership Bible
This Week’s Challenge
Follow my journey this week by reading all of 1st and 2nd Timothy. Make some lists, ponder how Paul’s instructions equipped Timothy to fight the good fight. Through the leading of the Holy Spirit, draw some conclusions on what tactics God is wanting you to employ to fight your good fight. Then head over to Nehemiah and read that story. Focus in on how Nehemiah led his people to fight the good fight. I gave you four conclusions, but you may discover more.