Has life ever sent you reeling such that it causes you to question your faith in God? Paul has this beautiful list in Romans 8 that if you’re in the middle of any of the scenarios he presents, you may feel that God’s love has “left the building.” However, Paul goes on to teach us something that Steven Curtis Chapman’s song reminds us of — not only can these scenarios never separate us from God’s love, but we are more than conquerors over them.
Join me as I consider Paul’s conclusion in light of the context of Romans 8.
On this episode I discuss:
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture – this week’s Bible Interaction Tool Exercises include
- Reading in context
- Reading out loud
- A phrase we should celebrate – Romans 8:1
- How Matthew Henry gives examples of what Romans 8:1 is NOT saying – Matthew Henry’s Commentary on BibleGateway.com
- What freedom looks like – Romans 8:2
- Our obligation – Romans 8:12-14
- How our sufferings don’t change our sonship – Romans 8:18
- Paul’s conclusions in light of his previous arguments – Romans 8:31-37
- The list of things that seem like they would have the power to separate us from the love of Christ – Romans 8:35
- The idea that we are over-overcomers (see More Than a Song Episode #4)
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! Subscribe in iTunesSubscribe in Stitcher Radio
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch the official lyric video on YouTube below.
Download the single or entire album by clicking the link below.