This week’s song, “You Are Loved” by Stars Go Dim, has a simple but profound lyric that leads us to a conversation that Jesus had with Nicodemus in John chapter 3. We don’t stop there because Jesus uses an analogy that sends us scurrying to Numbers 21 and then back to John 3 to deepen our understanding of love and salvation.
I was thrilled at the depth this week’s study added to this song. It’s so much richer every time I hear it now.
- I know that God loves me because He tells me so in John 3:16 (and all through His Word)
- Tim Tebow and his influence on Google searches for John 3:16
- Taking B.I.T.E.s out of Scripture – Bible Interaction Tool Exercises this week…
- Reading in context
- Chasing down cross references
- Nicodemus – who he was and how he saw Jesus
- John Piper quote – “What happens in new birth is not merely affirming the supernatural in Jesus, but experiencing the supernatural in yourself.” – Sermon
- Jesus comparing Himself to the serpent Moses lifted up in the desert
- Following the cross reference to Numbers 21:4-9
- Just look up and believe…He did not come to condemn you, but to save you – John 3:16-18
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! Subscribe in iTunesSubscribe in Stitcher Radio
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch a lyric video on YouTube below.
Download the single or the album by clicking the link below.
- Story Behind the Song – YouTube Video
- Tebow, John 3:16 Drive Internet Evangelism – Billy Graham Evangelistic Association Article
- “The Son of Man Must Be Lifted Up – Like the Serpent” – John Piper Sermon