Why is it that as soon as I decide I am going to commit to a new discipline, that commitment is immediately tested? I don’t think that it’s a coincidence that as soon as I chose Lauren Daigle’s song, “First” as this week’s jumping off point, I immediately began struggling with seeking God FIRST!
I have a feeling we all share in this struggle. I can’t wait to dive into God’s Word with you this week!
On this episode I discuss:
- Teaching my kids to “put first things first”
- Putting my list first, but not putting God at the top of my list
- The importance of “first” to God in Scripture
- Cain as an example of “some” and Abel as example of “first” – Genesis 4:3-7
- Jesus’ detailed teaching to His disciples – Matthew 5-7
- What happens when we place our questions, worries and concerns first
- I want to be more concerned with who God is than what He can do for me
- I want to seek God’s face before I seek His hand
- A new Bible study resource I am using – Unpack Your Heart by Melissa D’Aunoy
- Sitting at the feet of Jesus FIRST
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! Subscribe in iTunesSubscribe in Stitcher Radio
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch the official music video on YouTube below.
Download the single or the entire album by clicking the links below
This Week’s Challenge
Read Matthew 5-7 because that is the complete teaching that we took this week’s Scripture focus from. Our focus verses may be quite familiar to you, so read them in various translations this week. You can do this for free using BibleHub.com or BibleGateway.com. Finally, try something new. Put on on a Pandora station (or online radio equivalent) like “relaxation radio” that plays calming music, and find a quiet place and just sit in God’s presence. Let Him minister to your soul…He wants to meet you there.
Click Below to Listen to the Podcast Now!