I am ruined! Now that I have spent so much time in God’s Word studying the details of the Christmas story, I cannot look at a nativity scene the same! However, I can choose to see all of the details that don’t line up with Scripture, or I can choose to use the nativity scene as a reminder of all I’ve learned through my own studies. And I can use songs like “Be Born in Me” by Francesca Battistelli to lead me back to those Scriptures and identify with this REAL girl, Mary.
I hope this week’s episode and song inspire you to do the same.
On this week’s episode I discuss:
- My choice to use the nativity as tool instead of getting aggravated
- Reminding you the importance of context
- My treasure hunting path in God’s Word this week
- Matthew 1:20-23 where the angel tells Joseph the baby fulfills a prophecy
- BibleHub.com as a study tool, especially for cross references
- Isaiah 7:14 where the original prophecy about Immanuel being born to a virgin is recorded
- Luke 1:26-38 where Mary encounters the angel Gabriel and then runs off to Elizabeth’s house
- Elizabeth’s greeting after the filling of the Holy Spirit
- WHY Mary is “blessed”
- Offering our vacant hearts to God’s purposes
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! Subscribe in iTunesSubscribe in Stitcher Radio
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch the lyric video on YouTube below.
Download the single or the entire album from Amazon – click below
This Week’s Challenge
Click Below to Listen to the Podcast Now!